Enlighten Laser Tattoo Removal is the best option for safe and effective treatment for removing an unwanted tattoo. Cutera Enlighten Laser works by disintegrating a large concentration of ink into tiny particles using high-frequency light. The body's immune system takes care of the rest of the job by naturally eradicating the microscopic ink particles.
The laser breaks up tattoo pigmentation and causes superficial skin wounds. Following treatment it is important to take proper care of the skin in the treated area after the procedure. Below are some post-care tips to prevent discomfort and for a faster recovery of the skin where the tattoo is being removed.
- In the first 24 hours after laser tattoo removal treatment, elevate the area if possible and apply cold compresses to minimize discomfort and inflammation.
- Avoid applying make-up, concealers, and creams to the treated skin as well as the surrounding area for 48 hours following treatment.
- For 3 days following treatment, ointments like Aquaphor and Neosporin can be applied. Change the dressing daily.
- For 2 weeks post treatment, it is advisable to avoid exposing the skin to direct sunlight, hot showers, and salty water until fully healed.
- Make sure to keep the site clean and dry while healing. You may use anti-bacterial soap to protect the skin from becoming infected.
- In case of blisters. Apply the prescribed ointment so they will decrease in size and pop naturally.
- Avoid scraping to prevent infection and scarring.
- In the case of very mild pain, take Tylenol rather than aspirin or and Ibuprofen because these can cause bleeding and bruising.
- When the site is fully healed, you may continue to apply sunscreen to the area for 3 months post treatment. You may also start massaging it to further eradicate small ink particles.
It is important to follow the post-care instructions to achieve faster healing. Contact Dream Tattoo Removal MD for more information on tattoo removal and after-care.