After getting a laser tattoo removal treatment, you may see some marks and minimal discomfort in the areas where the laser is applied. For fast recovery of the affected body part, here are some tips to speed recovery:
- Keep the area clean and dry to avoid infection. Change dressing daily.
- Aquaphor and Neosporin can be applied in the site to provide just enough moisture to the skin while it provides extra protection from infection.
- Apply cold compress to site to reduce swelling and redness.
- Boost your immune system to help speed up the tattoo removal process. Eat nutritious food particularly high in Vitamin C and do regular exercise.
- Avoid scratching for this can cause scarring.
- As much as possible, avoid stress. The success of laser tattoo removal procedure greatly relies on the patient's immune system. After the laser disintegrates large pigments of tattoo ink, the immune system flushes the smaller particles out of the body since they consider them as foreign matter. Stress can weaken your immune system and there's a great possibility that the tattoo won't totally fade out when the body defenses are weak.